I think we found an amusement park that makes Lagoon look like Disneyland! The Amusement Park at Heritage Square in Golden, CO. SCARY!!
Scary stop #1 - Notz Landing
Where the temperature inside is a breezy 90 degrees, and the hamburgers, well.....I'm not even sure it was hamburger.
Gage and.......Brad? (nice hair)
Killing time while Haley and Devin decided to brave one of the seven rides.
Scary stop #2 - The Space Scrambler
While Haley and Devin were in line, and others were getting on the ride, the workers discovered that one of the seat belts had broken. But never fear! Cocaine Man to the rescue! An indescribable feeling came over me when I saw him.....tall, dark (circles under the eyes, that is), 98 lbs., and sniffing like someone had turned a faucet on in his nose. I was horrified! But hey, with a few tools, and the strength of the teeth in his mouth, he had the belt repaired in no time, riders back in the seat, and the ride moving at full speed once again. I motioned to Haley and Devin, "Let's Go!". With a definitive shake of Devin's head, they were on the ride in no time.....I had to walk away.
Needless to say, there would be no scary stop #3. But, we did find out later that day that they had a crazy rainstorm in Golden after we left, dropping 2 1/2" of rain and causing flash flooding.
So, if any of you have dreamed of visiting Golden, CO, and your dreams come true........
we won't be going with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment