Sunday, August 17, 2014

Stealthy Alofa


Alofa has developed her hunting skills this summer.  First she chased a vole into one of the window wells.  Then I found this prairie dog (dead) in the yard.  I think she was trying to play with it, and accidentally killed it.  I had to trade her a pretty impressive treat to give up her new toy.
  
Haley arrives home from work usually between 9:30 and 10:00 p.m.  She always goes through the back gate to put Alofa to bed.  One night when she came home, she could tell Alofa had something in her mouth, but wasn't sure what, until she heard this bird chirping from inside her mouth. Again, we were able to trade her a treat to drop the bird.  The pore thing was still alive, and Haley spent a half an hour on the phone trying to find a pet hospital she could take it to.  She ended up finding one, and talked Devin into going with her.  She and her love for animals!  I'm pretty sure they probably just euthanized it.

No comments:

Post a Comment